Wednesday, January 12, 2011

MUSHROOM SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I witnessed a momentous occasion in history Monday night. Jeff ate a mushroom ... and LIKED it!!! I was so amazed. :)

Granted, it was a stuffed, baked mushroom ... so a lot of flavor to disguise the "texture" of mushrooms that he doesn't enjoy.

I'm not entirely sure why I'm blogging this appetizer, other than the fact that I want to remember stuffed mushrooms as a super fast and easy option to impress guests, not to mention that they're super yummy and a relatively healthy option for a snack.

For these [imagine a really cool and artsy photo here], I used larger cremini mushrooms, but it usually would be better to use the small white button mushrooms. Wash and dry the mushrooms, and then snap out the stems. (Some recipes call for chopping up some of the stems and sauteeing them to include in the stuffing, but this recipe was ultra-easy, so I didn't do that - a.k.a. I'm LAZY.)

I grabbed a packet of "Tuscan Stuffed Mushroom" mix from Crate & Barrel during their holiday sale, and you mix that with 8 oz. of softened cream cheese. I only had about 4 oz of cream cheese, so I halved the little packet. oh darn - guess I have to make more soon! :) You spoon portions of the mixture into the mushroom "caps" so they're slightly overflowing with the filling, and stick them in the oven for 15-20 minutes - till the filling is sizzling and warm all the way through.

YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment