Thursday, March 3, 2011

Best Banana Bread EVER


Scouring the hundreds of saved and "Favorited" recipes I have acquired through my food-blog perusing obsession, I found this gem that I didn't even remember seeing before. I had like 10 frozen super ripe bananas waiting to be made into some type of banana concoction, and this sounded like a perfect way to use a few of them. :) Enjoy!

Caramel Toffee Banana Bread
From BakingJunkie.com

1/2 cup (1 stick) salted butter, room temperature*
1 1/2 cups sugar (used part brown, part white)
2 eggs
1/4 cup sour cream
1/4 tsp cinnamon
2 cups flour (I used half AP and half whole wheat)
1/4 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
Dash of salt (omitted)
3 over-ripe bananas, mashed
1/3 cup Hershey’s caramel syrup (omitted)
1/2 cup Heath toffee chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In medium sized mixing bowl cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs and sour cream, then cinnamon, flour, baking powder, soda, and salt. Mix in bananas, and toffee chips (I dont have caramel syrup right now so I omitted). Pour into greased loaf pan and bake for approximately 60 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.

*My trick for getting "room temp" butter, when I suddenly decide to bake and my butter is refrigerated or frozen, is setting the stick on top of the stove near the oven vent (usually the right rear burner) while the oven preheats and I gather all my ingredients. Watch it carefully so it doesn't start to melt, but this usually does the trick of taking the edge off so that I can successfully cream the butter and sugar together. :)

YUM!

1 comment:

  1. Oh yeah, I just learned to soften butter that way.It only took me 28 years to learn!

    ReplyDelete