Monday, November 15, 2010

Pumpkin Pie

Of course ... How could I forget? :)

So it would be embarrassing for me to admit how many pumpkin pies I've made this season... but frankly, I haven’t heard anyone complaining yet, so here it is.

It's never enough to just make 1 pumpkin pie, plus the Libby's can of pumpkin puree makes 2 (if you get the big cans). So double the pie crust recipe I posted earlier, so you have 2 unbaked pie shells.

This recipe is off the back of the Libby's can, so I'm not being that creative here.


1 ½ cup granulated sugar

2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon ground ginger

1/2 teaspoon ground cloves

4 large eggs

1 can (30 oz.) LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin

2 cans (12 fl. oz. each) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk

2 unbaked 9-inch pie shell

Whipped cream (optional – in whose world is whipped cream optional when you’re talking about pumpkin pie??)

MIX sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger and cloves in small bowl. Beat eggs in large bowl. Stir in pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture. Gradually stir in evaporated milk.

POUR into pie shell.

BAKE in preheated 425° F oven for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350° F; bake for 40 to 50 minutes (usually 50) or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 2 hours (THE HARDEST PART!!!). Serve immediately or refrigerate. Top with whipped cream before serving.


2 comments:

  1. ok, I never refrigerate mine. There. I said it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shhhh ... I don't either! Unless I really am being impatient for it to cool... ;-)

    ReplyDelete