Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Pork Sirloin Tip Roast...and Pumpkin Pie


I wish I could capture smells in a post for you ... because the smells that have filled our apartment tonight have been heavenly - enough to make my paper-writing bearable. And enough to make me forget that we have a pile of dishes to clean up after my culinary adventures. But really... sooo good.

We enjoyed some Pork Sirloin Tip Roast, and are about to enjoy the pumpkin pie that just came out of the oven. Enjoy!

Herb Rubbed Pork Sirloin Tip Roast
1 pork sirloin tip roast
herb rub (see this recipe for a version we tried)
6-8 slices of bacon

Rub the roast all over with the herb rub. Ideally you'd let it sit for a bit, but we couldn't wait. Wrap the roast with the bacon (seals the moisture in, and gives it a great flavor) - secure ends with toothpicks, or wrap with butcher twine - whatever you have. We used toothpicks. Bake in the oven for about 1 hour.



Serve with whatever veggies you like. Unfortunately the brussels sprouts I was saving for this went bad :( so we just had sweet potatoes - oh darn! :) I prepped those just like the butternut squash from the other night. These might have turned out even better than the squash with the spices I chose - nice and crispy on the outside, and soft on the inside.

Here's a glimpse of the goodness that is going to come once it's cooled... (try this recipe).

No comments:

Post a Comment